make*do*mend: Punch Needle Embroidery 101 Sunday, March 10th - 12 to 3 p.m.
Catch the sensation that is sweeping the interwebs and bringing back the texture of past decades. In this introductory class, you'll learn the basics of punch needle and either can use a template design or create your own to start on your own piece of punch needle art. It's a great way to release some creative steam and also easy to start and stop, making it a perfect craft to learn before the busy days of the holidays!
Experience Level: Beginner
- We will provide
- monk's cloth/burlap
- various yarns to use (if you have a specific color palette you want, you'll want to bring at least 20 yards of bulkier (aran and above) yarns)
- a punch needle set for class time use (due to the limited availability of the punch needles, we have studio sets to guarantee we have them for the class. If you'd like to purchase after class for home use, you can and enjoy the class discount.)
- Design transfer tools
- You bring:
- a 9 to 10-inch embroidery hoop (available with our 20% class discount at the shop)
- specific yarns or strips of fabrics you want to use if not wanting to use our studio supplies
- If after class you want to purchase a punch needle (they're slated to be back in stock early September, you'll also enjoy the class discount on that as well)
Cost: $60 (includes class instruction and materials listed above; punch needle sold separately)
All classes at Drygoods Design require prepayment and registration. In some cases, day-of sign up is available. Classes are non-refundable and held to a strict cancellation policy; please be sure of your schedule prior to registration. Cancellations received 72 hours before the day of class, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before the day of class or no-shows will forfeit their class fees. We are unable to guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Arriving more than 15 minutes late for class may be a forfeit of fees.
***By submitting your order you agree to the above terms and conditions of classes at Drygoods Design.
*Please note that classes are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance.