make*do*mend: Serious Business Apparel Sewing, High-Waisted Pants - Saturdays February 8 3 to 6 p.m. AND February 15 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This product is unavailable
We love the current trend in high wasted pants, especially the Lander and Persephone pants. Choose from either pattern to get going on your next big project. Both are excellent for exercising your technical skills. Each pattern has various design elements and can be hemmed to your desired length! This is definitely not a beginner project and you'll want a couple of other apparel projects (that have ended well) under your belt, before you venture into sewing these pants.
Experience Level: Intermediate Apparel - You've done several of our apparel classes or similar work on your own and want to learn more about how pants come together, working with hardware, strategies for fit, and more!
- The Lander Pant by True Bias or the Persephone Pants by Anna Allen (PLEASE NOTE: The Persephone is a PDF only right now, but we DO carry the Lander in print form)
- Recommended PREWASHED yardage for your size for each pattern. If you're concerned about fit, talk to us about muslin yardage so you can do a short-length test for the rise and other fit trouble shooting.
- Swedish Tracing Paper
- Coordinating thread for topstitching
- Pocket and/or lining fabric (this is often great for scraps or fabric leftover from other projects)
- Any other notions, such as buttons, zippers and interfacing, as required by the pattern
*all materials available for purchase at Drygoods Design, including a 20% discount with proof of class registration (excludes sale items). We love seeing our fabrics in what you make with us too!
While we do our best to accommodate fit needs, please note your preferred pattern dimensions for fit. If you need more than minor adjustments, please check out our private lesson options or ask us for more information.
Price: $160 (includes nine hours of instruction as well as all machines and tools. Depending on your skill level and fit needs, you may plan for homework time outside of the studio)
CLASS POLICY: All classes at Drygoods Design require prepayment and registration. In some cases, day-of sign up is available. Classes are non-refundable and held to a strict cancellation policy; please be sure of your schedule prior to registration. Cancellations received 72 hours before the day of class, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before the day of class or no-shows will forfeit their class fees. We are unable to guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Arriving more than 15 minutes late for class may be a forfeit of fees.
***By submitting your order you agree to the above terms and conditions of classes at Drygoods Design.
*Please note that classes are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance.