make*do*mend: Special Edition Weekend Workshop - The Marlborough Bra with Orange Lingerie, Sat/Sun February 10 and 11, 2018 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This product is unavailable
Join us for an epic adventure in making your own gorgeous bra in our upcoming two-day workshop with Norma Loehr, founder and owner of Orange Lingerie! We’re big fans around here and are so delighted to host her in Seattle at the Drygoods Design studio. This deep dive into one of the most supportive parts of lingerie will get you set to make more on your own as you glean plenty of tips, tricks, and construction techniques from a master in her field for your first two bras in class.
Over the course of the two days workshop you’ll learn how to fit and sew their own custom underwire bra using the Orange Lingerie Marlborough bra sewing pattern. Norma fits each student and teaches you how to customize the fit of your garment as you complete your own two bras.
Experience Level: Intermediate (you’ve been able to make more advanced garments and projects on your own - comfortable with techniques such as plackets, curved seams, etc.)
More about the pattern from Orange Lingerie:
The Marlborough bra is a perennial favorite of Orange Lingerie’ s custom clients since it provides such great support and shaping. The versatile style provides a great foundation for playing with different laces and prints for fun and variety. The Marlborough is a pretty and supportive full frame underwire bra for everyday featuring:
- A three piece cup that allows for increased shaping and more ability to play with pattern
- prints and color combinations;
- A power bar that moves the breasts toward the front of the body for a slimming effect;
- A comfortable scoop back that lies smoothly under clothes and
- enhances support;
- A lace upper cup to feel and look pretty everyday; and
- A size range of 30A to 40J.
- Marlborough bra sewing pattern (included in class registration)
- Bra making requires specialty materials that are available from the instructor. Each student kit contains all materials and notions to make two bras. ($60, purchased directly from instructor at time of class, Norma will reach out prior to class to ensure measurements, trims, etc.)
- Thread (included)
Price: $500 (includes 16 hours of instruction, catered lunch, morning tea/coffee, and snacks for both days, machine and tools for class, pattern/thread, and more than likely a mimosa or a glass of wine in there too)
Norma Loehr, founder and creative director of Orange Lingerie, started making custom bras in 2010. In 2013, she published her book Demystifying Bra Fitting and Construction and started releasing lingerie sewing patterns shortly thereafter as part of her company’s mission to give home sewists the ability to make their own beautiful and professional looking lingerie.
All classes at Drygoods Design require prepayment and registration. In some cases, day-of sign up is available. Classes are non-refundable and held to a strict cancellation policy. Cancellations received 72 hours before the day of class, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before the day of class or no-shows will forfeit their class fees entirely. We are unable guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling.
****By submitting your order you agree to the above terms and conditions of classes at Drygoods Design. *Please note that classes are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance.