make*do*mend: Special Edition Weekend Workshop - The Marlborough Bra with Orange Lingerie, Sat/Sun March 30 and 31, 2019 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This product is unavailable
Over the course of the two days you’ll learn how to fit and sew your own custom
underwire bra using the Orange Lingerie Marlborough bra sewing pattern. Norma fits each student and teaches you how to customize the fit of your garment as you complete your own two bras.
Experience Level: Intermediate (you’ve been able to make more advanced garments and projects on your own - comfortable with techniques such as plackets, curved seams, etc.)
More about the pattern from Orange Lingerie:
The Marlborough bra is a perennial favorite of Orange Lingerie’ s custom clients since it provides such great support and shaping. The versatile style provides a great foundation for playing with different laces and prints for fun and variety. The Marlborough is a pretty and supportive full frame underwire bra for everyday featuring:
- A three piece cup that allows for increased shaping and more ability to play with pattern prints and color combinations;
- A power bar that moves the breasts toward the front of the body for a slimming effect;
- A comfortable scoop back that lies smoothly under clothes and
- enhances support;
- A lace upper cup to feel and look pretty everyday; and
- A size range of 30A to 40J.
- Marlborough bra sewing pattern (included in class registration)
- Bra making requires specialty materials that are available from the instructor. Each student kit contains all materials and notions to make two bras. ($60, purchased directly from instructor at time of class, Norma will reach out prior to class to ensure measurements, trims, etc.)
- Thread (bring your own or purchase from Drygoods with your class discount)
Price: $525 (includes 16 hours of instruction, catered Saturday lunch, morning tea/coffee, and snacks for both days, machine and tools for class, pattern/thread, and more than likely another treat or a glass of wine in there too)
Norma Loehr, founder and creative director of Orange Lingerie, started making custom bras in 2010. In 2013, she published her book Demystifying Bra Fitting and Construction and started releasing lingerie sewing patterns shortly thereafter as part of her company’s mission to give home sewists the ability to make their own beautiful and professional looking lingerie.
CLASS POLICY: All classes at Drygoods Design require prepayment and registration. In some cases, day-of sign up is available. Classes are non-refundable and are held to a strict cancellation policy; please be sure of your schedule prior to registration. Cancellations received 72 hours before the day of class, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before the day of class or no-shows will forfeit their class fees entirely. We are unable to guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Late arrivals, past 20 minutes without notice, may be considered no-shows and forfeit class fees.
****By submitting your order you agree to the above terms and conditions of classes at Drygoods Design.
*Please note that classes are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance.